What is revenue recovery?
Revenue recovery is the billing for emergency medical services to insurance companies and patients.
What services are billed?
- Transport from the scene of the incident to the hospital or helicopter.
- Treatment provided on scene that requires the use of medications.
- Response to and Assessment at the scene of an auto accident.
Do patients pay for service?
Only after primary and secondary insurance benefits have been collected and even then there are alternatives to personal payment.
What if I do not have insurance?
- You may apply for a Subscription which covers all out-of-pocket expenses.
- You may apply for Financial Assistance.
Will you ever be denied service for financial reasons?
Will providing billing information delay my care?
No! As with all heath care providers, your care is our first priority. Gathering of information is secondary to providing care and will occur at a later time.
What is the billing process?
- The patient is provided with emergency medical care and/or transport to the hospital.
- Transport data is given to the billing office.
- The billing office verifies patient insurance information and submits claim to available primary and secondary insurance.
- If there is a balance after all insurance has paid, the patient receives a statement for the balance with payment options.
- Payment options include Subscription enrollment and Financial Assistance.
Still have questions?
You may contact our billing office at any time if you have questions or concerns about the Revenue Recovery program and how your claim will be handled.
For billing questions call: 540-213-0528 or toll free at 877-331-4261
- Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad Subscription Form
- Waynesboro First Aid Crew Subscription Form
- Highland County Volunteer Rescue Squad Subscription Form
- Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad Financial Assistance Application
- Waynesboro First Aid Crew Financial Assistance Application
- Highland County Volunteer Rescue Squad Financial Assistance Application